Prior to joining Principal Associates, Bob spent 19 years as Senior Director of Cushman & Wakefield (C&W). He served on two occasions as C&W's Executive Branch Manager after C&W's purchase of Carl Rosman & Company in 1985. During his tenure at C&W, he was the firm's top annual producer on four occasions, employee of the year three times and winner of the Deal of the Year on six occasions. For 6 years, Bob directed C&W's international strategic alliance with Ford Land, earning the coveted IDRC Best Practices Award.
The Principal Associates years have been among Bob's most satisfying as he has completed major transactions with Urban Campus Community, Ford Land, University of Michigan-Dearborn, Butzel Long, Pulte and Somino Gobal. Rosman particulary relishes his role as mentor to less senior members of his firm.
Professional Affiliations / Education
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- Columbia University, MBA Program
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- State of Michigan Bar Association
- South Oakland County Board of Realtors
- American Arbitration Association
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- Real Estate Law Committee of the Michigan Bar Association
- Volunteer Placement Corps
- Represents Urban Campus Communities exclusively, acting with Matt Schiffman, as its real estate department in developments at Wayne State University and University of Michigan Dearborn
- Orchestrated the largest office lease in Michigan in 2006, a three-party transaction between Pulte Homes (which increased its headquarters occupancy from 93,000 to 163,000 sq. ft.), Butzel Long (which terminated its lease and moved to a nearby office building), and Kojaian, the landlord of both Bloomfield Hills buildings approximately 80,000 sf involved.
- Sold Chrysler Corporation’s 167 acre World Headquarters site to a developer who, with Bob, converted the property into a Class A light industrial park
- Negotiated a long-term 98,000 sq. ft. lease on behalf of the advertising agency McCann Erickson in a renovated-to-suit Birmingham CBD department store
- Numerous consulting assignments where he earned the title of "Problem Solver".
- Butzel Long
- Ford Land
- General Electric
- McCann Erickson
- Pfizer Global Research
- Somnio Global
- Tim Hortons
- Universal Watch
- University of Michigan - Dearborn
- Christenson Law Firm Sale of Hecker Smiley Mansion
- Urban Campus Communities
- IDRC Best Practices Award
- CoStar Power Broker